A warm welcome to the website of the West Yorkshire Lieutenancy
I hope that you will find it helpful and informative about my role and responsibilities and the work of the Lieutenancy.
The Lord Lieutenant is appointed by The King and His Majesty's representative in West Yorkshire. My responsibilities include making the arrangements for Royal visits to the county and for hosting those visits; representing the Monarch at a wide range of events across West Yorkshire; presenting British Empire Medals and other awards; advising on submissions for honours nominations; submitting nominations for Royal Garden Parties; and maintaining close links with our regional armed forces. I am assisted by the Vice Lord-Lieutenant, the Clerk to the Lieutenancy and a team of Deputy Lieutenants.
The West Yorkshire Lieutenancy is keen to promote and support the many civic, faith, voluntary, social and business organisations and activities across our area, so if you would like our support please do get in touch
The Equality Statement is available for download.
Within the pages of this website you will find:
- Freemasonary and Lieutenancies application form
- Information on how to request a Royal visit
- Information on how to request a visit from the Lord-Lieutenant or a Deputy Lieutenant
- How to nominate someone for an Honour
- How to receive a card from His Majesty the King on a 100th birthday or Diamond Wedding Anniversary
Thank you for your interest in the West Yorkshire Lieutenancy.Ed Anderson CBE
HM Lord-Lieutenant of West Yorkshire